Now that we’ve placed your resin composite filling, it’s important to follow these recommendations to ensure its success.
Chewing and eating
- If we used anesthetic during the procedure, avoid chewing until the numbness has worn off completely.
Brushing and flossing
- Brush and floss normally. If your teeth are sensitive to hot, cold, or pressure, use desensitizing toothpaste. If sensitivity persists beyond a few days, please call us.
- Your gum tissue might be sore, to reduce any discomfort or swelling, rinse your mouth three times a day with warm salt water. Use about one teaspoon of salt per glass of warm water. It’s normal for your gums to be sore for several days.*
When to call us
- Please call our office if your bite feels uneven, you have sensitivity or discomfort that increases or continues beyond three or four days. We make our best effort to adjust your bite, but at times further adjustments may be required. Please feel free to call our office if you have any questions or concerns.
* If you suffer from high blood pressure, please consult with your physician before using a warm salt water rinse.